September is a busy month for many people – returning to school and other schedule changes signaling the end of summer. Don’t forget, however, to make time for all the innovative and exciting cultural events happening throughout the city this month! There are so many happenings in September alone that they are being promoted as the “Raleigh M.A.I.N Event” – standing for Music, Art, Innovation, and Noise.
Information on each event can be found on the website, but the month includes:
- Cultural festivals celebrating art, food, and traditions like the African American Cultural Festival and La Fiesta del Pueblo
- Massive music festivals like Hopscotch – featuring almost 175 bands playing at 15 different venues; and Wide Open Bluegrass – with 30 bluegrass performers and a BBQ competition
- More proof that the Triangle is becoming a hub for entrepreneurship and start-up capital: Triangle Entrepreneurship Week, Raleigh Innovation Summit, DataPalooza, the Cherokee McDonough Challenge, Angel Capital Association Southeast Regional Meeting, and the CED Tech Venture Conference
- A Community Day of Service – Activate Raleigh
- SPARKcon – an annual showcase of creativity, talent, and ideas – from film to music to graffiti to fashion to poetry to circus – something for everyone
- The annual Ray Price Capital City BikeFest for motorcycle enthusiasts from around the country
- Local cultural institution celebrations at Marbles and the City of Raleigh museum
Many of these events feature multiple food and design vendors as well as family-friendly activities and quite a few of them have free or low-cost admission. Check out the website and schedule your entire month of September fun!